Sunday, October 29, 2006



So this was Halloween weekend. Well, actual Halloween is on Tuesday, but hey; if Macy’s can start selling Christmas things in September we can dress up two days before. Plus apparently Halloween is a big thing over here. Dressing up has really never been one of my favourite things to do, I love love love to wear nice clothes for a good night out, I do not love so much walking around dressed like a John Wayne.
Plus apparently its not just fancy dress for girls, we got informed that basically grown-up girls take Halloween very seriously as the only weekend of the year when dressing up slutty is acceptable.
I'm not big fan of dressing slutty either, and particularly not when it is expected of me to do so. But we did see and hear about Slutty FBI Agents, Slutty Alice in Wonderland, Slutty Photographer, Slutty Ice-hockey Team, and my favourite; Slutty Pandas. I opted out of the slutty dressing; it was a good choice.
Since I am chronically late for everything I only started thinking of my outfit at 9 on Saturday evening, with all the shops closed I had to construct something out of my own wardrobe, I realized none of my clothes are particularly funny. But after much trying on outfits we created a spectacularly obvious outfit of me being a 80s sailors wife from the ghetto. What is that you might wonder? Well it is what happens if you just put on a stripy dress (the nautical part), a velour hoodie (the ghetto part) and make my hair even more 80s that it already is (the 80s part if you didn’t get that). Voila; White Sailor Trash.
Pictorial evidence of the night is on the flickr page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say a really big THANKYOU for this blog! I'm a 2nd political studies major at Leeds and I'm thinking about studying at GWU next year. Your blog is a great read and it's so useful to see what it can actually be like from a students perspective (there's absolutely nothing useful in the study abroad office!).

To be honest GWU sounds like a great place to be but I'll freely admit I'm a little bit scared about making my choices...can I ask a question? How did you choose?

Anthony (Fellow Leeds Student, woo!!)