Monday, November 06, 2006


Healthy Obsessions: I was procrastinating; trying to avoid the huge amount of papers I have to do write before I jet off to NYC this weekend. I was scrolling through the long list of obligatory graphic design, interior design and typographic design blogs I read, and I realized I had yet to even mention my obsession with these on the blog.
I have talked about feminism, Ive talked about Sweden, Ive talked about Tequila (see post below), and Ive talked about Co-ed Intramural Soccer; so Ive mentioned most of my obsessions; but I have yet to talk about the greatness of a well designed font, or the beauty of a groundbreaking wallpaper. But as I was scrolling through one of my favorite graphic design blogs (in Swedish) I came across the new logotype for the EU. What a crazy coincident; because I am also obsessed with the EU (the cooperation, the multilateralism, the normative diplomatic values, the multilayered governance, what is not to love?). So here you go! Its the one above, and I think its great! Not because it combines my two, uptil now unmentioned, obsessions, but because it is just really cool and fresh. It was designed by a 23 year old Polish guy who won a competition about it. I think he really managed to create something that embodies the EU, a multicultural collection that doesn't always seem to fit, but all put together it kind of does. Or something like that. It also just, well, look damn good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MESSAGE