Friday, November 03, 2006


Yesterday I got a weird stomach feeling; The first snow arrived in Scandinavia, with brute force. It was chaos in Stockholm and along the coasts. A ship even collapsed on the Swedish coast, and an oil rig was floating about outside Norway (putting it that way might be understating the serverity, sorry). But here in DC we were having 19°C (66F) and shining sun; Ive been walking around in skirts and sunglasses for the past two days. Ok, I think my point is this: Im kind of missing Scandinavia. The weather difference was so stark yesterday it made me miss Scandinavia. Snow rocks. Its when the difference and the distance become so apparent that I think more about home. But knowing me; if I was at home I would certainly be moaning about all the snow. Oh its soooo coooold bla bla bla. So basically Im confused about the weather. And me missing home or not. Wow, this isnt making much sense. But rumor has it the winter is pretty cold here too, when it eventually arrives. Thankfully I packed warm socks.

2 comments:

HomeImprovementNinja said...

If you think this is a weird feeling, you should go to Miami for Christmas. You can go to the beach and tan on Christmas and you will see Palm Trees with Christmas lights on them.

Anonymous said...

it will snow eventually. but, it's more likely to be windy, cold, and possibly rainy.

winters here aren't really the best. : /