Thursday, December 21, 2006

Epilogue






Ok, so its not really an epilogue. I mean a term is coming to an end and in less than 36 hours I'll be in Scandinavia. But I am coming back so. But epilogue is such a good word, it kind of makes this post seem important. Ive been here for 4 months now. To quote, well, someone; "Its been emotional". DC is far away from home; America is far away from Europe. I have learned a lot. A lot about having no personal space, a lot about being friendly, and a lot in general of transatlantic relationships and what Americans really think of Europeans and the other way around. Americans think Europeans just smoke cigarettes and ravel in old glory from old empires. Partly true but no. Europeans on the other hand think Americans are stupid. Not entirely true either, however, I am getting slightly tired of people mixing up Sweden and Switzerland and asking me if I speak German.
My friend Dave is already in Europe, he informed me to be prepared that everything is really small over there. I dont know if I should expect a reverse culture chock. Ill be writing from Sweden and Norway to let you know. I am also going to see the Danish girls in Copenhagen for New Years which I am very excited about. I mean they are not coming back to GW like me, so it is easier to do the good bye thing this way, its more like; See you next week. Rather then erhhm, good bye, for a like, ever.. No no. Dont like that. Just see you next week. Better. And DC ill be seeing v soon to, so not too sad about that either.

No comments: