Friday, December 15, 2006

I feel terrible. Ok, so there had to be a point where my body said enough to the constant drinking, hard core studying til 4 in the morning, the deprivation of sleep, and the lack of regular meals that have been the theme of much of my last two weeks. And this point is now. Its had enough. I feel terrible, tired all the time, havnt eaten since Tuesday, feel weak and just want to get better. Im today slowly trying to eat some oats.
But what gets me right now is that, what is going on in DC? Why are they rebuilding the whole of Foggy Bottom the days that I am tragically ill. Construction works are everywhere, they have been really bad at my friends around New Hampshire Av and M for a while so its impossible to sleep there. Now they have seemingly come to my part of 24th street too. Its like waking up to World War I. Or how I imagined WWI to sound like anyway. Bombs, hammers against steel etc etc. It is very hard to sleep to. Not even my French friend's French sleeping pills helped. They still hammer their way into my sleep. I just wish they would stop building, I like Foggy Bottom as it is. Its fine by me to leave it like this.
But I guess my calls will go unheard and I must return to essay writing instead. i'll leave you with this; "Women, conditioned for millenia to accept the partriarchal definition of their role, have sexually and emotionally serviced men and nurtured them in a way that allowed men of talent a fuller development and a more intensive degree of specialization than a woman ever had" - Gerda Lerner The Creation of feminist Consciousness

No comments: