Friday, December 08, 2006

I feel very post-modern in my procrastination today. Back in the days, like in 2001, when I tried my best to not do work I tidied my desk. You know, stacked my post-its in a pile, threw away receipts lying around, lined up my pens in a straight line and opened my notebook on a fresh page, all ready to work.
Now, in the future I do this virtually in this place with no tangible things called my desktop. Its exactly the same but computerized. I put the Youtube videos in the entertainment folder, stack all the .pdf's about the European Common Foreign and Security Policy in the EU folder, put some iPhoto labels on the pictures I just got from Fabi, throw away some rough drafts of an essay in the Trash, and get everything clean to start work eventually. Its all very 2006.
But Im thinking now; what is the next step? I already communicate mostly over email and MSN, I get all my news here, I find out about all the events I go to here, I could do my shopping. Will I eventually be able to shower virtually? That would be handy, maybe.

No comments: