Friday, December 29, 2006

Smoking at airports and Sparkling Water

So yea, back in Scandinavia now. Its really nice to be back for a while. I must say I was pretty beat from the four months in the US, I slept for like four days when I got here. Oslo has been welcoming. Its not that cold, and just a little bit of snow. Ok, so Im pretty low on time right now as I am leaving Oslo tomorrow to go to Copenhagen for New Year. A sexy 10 hour bus ride through Sweden. But all banks close at 3 here so I got to go and get myself some Danish Kroner. Just two thoughts on the advancement of Scandinavian society (for better or worse); When I got to Copenhagen airport on my way here I saw this thing in the corridor. It was like a smoking booth but it looked a bit like a bus stop, i.e. it was just a roof and a bench. But the roof contained superstrong ventilation so the smokers could stand literally in the corridor and smoke openly while the ventilation effectively took away the all smoke. I thought it was pretty hi-tech, wonder when that will hit the rest of the world. Secondly, I love sparkling water in Oslo. It is so cavalier. Its not just sparkling water, first it comes in three different levels of bubbles. Like; a lot of bubbles, normal bubbles, and light bubbles. Then comes the flavor; it could be natural, or infused with natural fruit juice, or just flavored in everything for the berries of the forrest to mango and guava. It also comes mixed with a little bit of milk and juice to create this kind of smooth, lightly bubbled juice explosion. Its soo good. But I mean, is it a sign of a well matured society when it takes you 20 minutes to choose your sparkling water. Don't even get me started on the still.

No comments: